The corrugated roof is strong, durable and sloped so that it directs rainwater downwards, away from the run. This keeps the rain away from your birds and also any litter that you use on the floor of the run.
Of course, the dry exercise space is just one benefit of the corrugated roof poultry run. Like our other runs, it also:Gives your birds plenty of space to wander around, but keeps them away from your plants and flowers!Keeps your poultry safe from predators such as foxes and badgers. We construct our runs from durable redwood timber and European 19g weld mesh. These materials are extremely tough and will resist fox and dog claws, so make your run safe from common bird predators. You can even protect your chicken house by putting it inside the run.Makes it easier to clean up after your birds, as they stay in a contained area. You can limit the mess even further by choosing a plinth bottom to stop spillage from the run.As an optional extra, we can also fit a pop hole on any side. Is easy to set up. We provide easy to follow instructions, so you'll only need very basic DIY skills to assemble your run. Or if you prefer, we can assemble it for you for a small fee.
We'll Build your Corrugated Roof Poultry Run Just as You Want ItClick here to see our examples of houses we have built for previous customers
This is a short video of us assembling a chicken run
To create your ideal corrugated roof poultry run, we use a 'base model' which is either 6ft x 9ft or 9ft by 12ft. Working to your specifications, we then add extensions, pop holes, etc., to meet your requirements.
You can make your selections using the buttons at the bottom of the page, but remember, we make all of our runs to order, so we can accommodate minor alterations. If you need something we haven't included, please get in touch and we'll do our best to help.
The sooner you order, the sooner your chicken run will arrive, so let's get going:
1. Consider the quality of your existing chicken house. If foxes have attacked it before and have had some success at prying away the panels, you will need to put it inside the run. You should also consider putting the house inside the run if you have moved house from the countryside to a town or city - urban foxes are a bigger threat as they will attack during daylight and are used to humans.
2. Measure the space you have available and consider the number of birds you want to keep.
The table below will help you choose the correct run size.
What size chicken run do I need?
|Run Size|| Suitable for this number of birds|| Cost (including VAT)||6ft x 9ft|| 5|| £||6ft x 12ft|| 7|| £||6ft x 15ft|| 9|| £||6ft x 18ft|| 10|| £||6ft x 21ft|| 12|| £||6ft x 24ft|| 14|| £||6ft x 27ft|| 16|| £||9ft x 12ft|| 10|| £||9ft x 15ft|| 13|| £||9ft x 18ft|| 16|| £||9ft x 21ft|| 18|| £||9ft x 24ft|| 21|| £||9ft x 27ft|| 24|| £|
3. Choose the run size you want by using the Width
and Run Length
4. Do you want a plinth on the bottom of the run? Plinths are a great way to stop litter from the run spilling out on to your garden. Use the Height button to add a plinth if required:Standard Height is for a standard 5ft high run with no plinth. + 6" Base Plinth adds a 6 inch plinth to your run (so the total height will be 5ft 6 inches). Each plinth panel measures 6"x3ft and costs just £. +12" Base Plinth adds an extra large 12"x3ft plinth (£11 each). The 12" plinth is more effective at stopping spillages, but makes the overall height 6ft, which may be a problem in conservation areas.
5. Are you placing your run on soil or grass? Then you should add our Anti-Dig Mesh Skirt
to your order. This strong wire mesh sits around the perimeter of the run and stops foxes and badgers from digging their way in. The Anti-Dig Mesh skirt is only £6.6 per 3ft.
If your run is going onto a concrete base, you don't need our anti dig mesh skirt.
6. Use the Pop Hole
button to choose whether your poultry run will have a pop hole. The pop hole allows chickens to enter and exit the run at any time (as long as the pop hole is open). Adding a pop hole costs just £22
7. That's it, you are ready to buy our high quality poultry run
. Select the Add to Cart
button to add it to your order. If you'd like us to assemble the house for you please visit our Onsite Assembly Page
and this can be added to your order. When you are finished shopping at Wells Poultry, go to the checkout and select Checkout Now
. You will then be guided through the payment process.
You can either pay in full
today , or if you'd prefer to pay a 1/3 deposit
and the balance prior to dispatch simply use the "Invoice With Order" option and we'll contact you to collect your deposit.
Place your Order Now for Fast Delivery
We can't build your corrugated roof chicken run unless you tell us what you need. So what are you waiting for? Place your order now and we'll get to work. In most cases, we can build and deliver a poultry run in around 3-5 weeks. If you need your house urgently please call us as for a small premium and subject to staff availability we can offer an express service.(deliveries to England, Wales and Lowland Scotland - please call for other areas).